Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Christine Souffrant '11 Spring 2010

Christine is a member of the class 2011. Her campus activities include NAACP, COSO and the  Policy Research Shop.


Why did you do MLDP?
  • I participated in MLDP to learn effective leadership strategies in a variety of settings. Additionally, I was interested in the opportunity to meet with distinguished faculty and scholars about their interests and workforce wisdom.

What did you love about MLDP?
  • My favorite part about MLDP was interacting with the speakers. The speakers were always very dynamic and knowledgeable. Also, the food was great, it was a great way to meet new students at Dartmouth
How have the themes in MLDP applied to you campus life? In student groups or general student life?
  • MLDP has applied to my curricular and co curricular endeavors.  For one, I definitely noticed several similarities between the leadership workshops of MLDP and my Policy Leadership Courses Additionally, I have applied it my own life. I use the skills taught in MLDP to improve the way I present myself to members on leadership boards and in groups.
How do you think MLDP can collaborate with other programs ion campus to be more effective and or accessible to students on campus?
  • I think MLDP would be very effective if they partnered with the Career Services to hold a mandatory session for graduating seniors because most of the leadership training from MLDP is applicable in corporate, non-profit and volunteer work environments
Why would you recommend MLDP for you peers?
  • The main reason I recommend this program to other student is because I learned a great deal of useful information. Further, the presentation of the material allowed me to further explore topics that I knew. Additionally, in MLDP I met great students whom I otherwise would not have known at Dartmouth.

1 comment: